Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 2




This Sunday Jamie and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We headed out to Mormon Lake
Lodge (where we got married last year) for breakfast and then went on a hike.  It was a truly lovely day! Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the hubbub of life and sometimes Jamie and I stress out about where we will be next. (Can we get jobs? Can we find somewhere we like to live? Will we have to commute to work? Will we ever be able to have chickens? Scratch that, will we ever be able to actually own a house?!? Aaagh, the list can go on and on.) This is why moments like last Sunday, where we ground ourselves and re-center are so important.  As I said to Jamie while hiking, "honey, as long as I have you, her, and can do this, I can be happy anywhere!" ("her" being Aspen and "this" being outside in the wild woolly world).  Speaking of a wild and woolly world, our wedding anniversary hike gifted us with some unexpected treasures.  Specifically, a ton of delicious mushrooms and a sighting of this AWESOME tarantula!


(sorry mom, I should have warned you there was going to be a spider picture)

I also spent a lot of time on Sunday thinking nostalgically about our wedding and how much fun we had.  I loved our wedding!  (Which is pretty hilarious since prior to having to plan it I had really never thought much about weddings at all.)

October 2, 2010


Lastly, I couldn't help to think about where our life is now and how different (wonderfully, beautifully) it is.  The last year has wrought many changes, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

October 2, 2011



Of course this wouldn't be a proper blog post without an Aspen montage.  So without any further ado:




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! I feel the same way about my future. There are so many variables up in the air, that Matt and I like to say as long as we're together it's all good. And I want chickens too!! (sometimes when I get a little carried away in my imagination I also want a Highland cow, just to look at. They are adorable!)

Here's to uncertain futures, and certain happiness! much love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

The future will always be there...leading, enticing, demanding our attention but you and Jamie are correct in understanding that NOW is what counts. Especially when you are with the ones you love and able to take pleasure in breathing in and out and noticing the world. Thank you for the photos of all of you, past and present. (Even the tarantula which really doesn't seem like a spider to me...more like a gerbil with lots of legs) Plus, I cannot believe little Aspen is old enought to sit in a cuddly-chair! Love, Gramma Sue

Amanda said...

A gerbil with legs. Love it.

Post a Comment