The weather has definitely changed here! Today was sunny, beautiful, and a "warm" 53 degrees and tonight is predicted to have a low of 19. It has been a crazy busy week for poor Jamie. He is harvesting his greenhouse experiment and has been working like a madman. On Saturday he left the house at 9:00am and didn't get home until 2:00am! Having the discipline to sit alone in your lab pouring agar into the wee hours of the night when you would really rather be anywhere else is hard. In fact it totally sucks. I have always truly admired Jamie's work ethic and am so proud of him! (Even though I wish he was home to snuggle with. I can't emphasize enough how much we are looking forward to our Thanksgiving honeymoon!)
However, crazy week aside, we did take the opportunity this Sunday aftenoon to get outside and do a little yard work. It felt so good to be outside, I love outdoor chores!
I tidied up the patio, while Jamie worked on prepping the garden beds for garlic planting.
![]() |
| A patio free of leaves! |
![]() |
| Our own compost for the garlic bed! |
Both of the kitties love it when we work outside. Initially they frolick around and then settle down to one of their favorite pastimes – observing their pet primates (that would be us)!
![]() |
| Finn |
We even managed to harvest some of our sunchokes. (Not that it is particularly difficult to do, more that it is hard to REMEMBER to do it. Fortunately, they are fairly tolerant of hanging out underground until we dig them up. In fact, they store better in the dirt than in the fridge.) We'll have to chop these up and eat them soon!
Sesame update: I am 10 weeks and 2 days today! Sesame is no longer the size of a sesame seed, instead s/he is the size of a small plum. Ankles and wrists have formed, and s/he's is capable of making digestive enzymes. In fact, at the end of week 10 our little sesame graduated from being an embryo to a fetus! Congratulations sesame! We are still patiently waiting for our first appointment (November 29..it is taking FOREVER to get there) which will be at the start of week 13 (our doctor was booked solid until then). I'm still doing okay...fatigued, slightly queasy, but overall not to bad. I'm not showing yet to anybody else, but my pants are definitely a bit tighter. Whether that is from sesame, or just being bloated, I have no idea. This past week I was sitting at my desk at work and unbuttoned my top button of my pants to get a little more comfortable. Well, that is all well in good in my office, but then I forgot and walked around all day with my pants unbuttoned! Either my co workers didn't notice or are extremely polite, because no one said a thing! :)




2 comments:
What an excellent poppa-of-a-plum Jamie will make. (You, of course, will be an excellent Momma Plum.) I understand about the top button...most people have some kind of similar story. Spinach on the front tooth is probably the worst look...or snot on the cheek. You were, no doubt, glowing and smiling and thus, a top button (unless, uh, cleavage was involved) probably didn't garner staring or pointing. :)
I'm all boo-hooey now! Wish we were closer so I could hug you and the sesame!!! Love you guys.
Post a Comment