Aspen is now just over 3 weeks old and we are all settling in nicely. I wouldn't say we have a routine, but we have do have some emerging patterns. For example, she usually sleeps ~3hours at a time (but sometimes it is just 2, others 4...at night we like the 3-4 much more than the 2!). Upon waking we immediately feed her and change her diaper (not necessarily in that order)....sometimes multiple times in a "eat, poop, eat, poop, poop, eat...sleep" pattern. Fortunately she seems to be figuring out night and day in that she isn't awake too long at night, just tends to do her business and conk back out.
 |
| Sleeping on daddy in the evening in what we call her "peanut" position. |
In the morning she is awake for a little bit of a longer stretch and is content to hang out for a while (meaning maybe 15-30 minutes which is hours and hours in baby time) and we have some tummy time. Pretty much every afternoon mommy and baby take a nap together and if Jamie is home he joins in as well (sidenote: if I don't get this nap I am a real crank). In the evening she is also awake for a little bit longer similar to the morning so we do some more tummy time, but she is also usually a little fussier.
Jamie and I have slowly been increasing our sphere of movement with her. She has been to several friends house's and parent hotel rooms to watch the Women's World Cup. We go for a family walk almost everyday, where Jamie usually carries her in a sling. I met a friend for lunch downtown with her yesterday (carefully orchestrated to coincide with sleepy time). And, last, but not least, we made our first family field trip last weekend to the Aspens with her! It wasn't for long, just a picnic breakfast, and it wasn't that far off the beaten path, but it was lovely!
 |
| Our breakfast picnic location! |
 |
| Sleepyhead slowly waking up at the end of our picnic! |
3 comments:
Thank you so much for the posting! Up here in "cold and wet northland" we LOVE pictures and also updates and thank you, also, for including pics of you and Jamie. And, I just love the "frown of concentration" at the end.l No doubt thinking long and deep thoughts of poop, food, and sleep.l
Lovely picnic!
Babies love their routines. Once you figure it out, they change it. So wonderfully fun. You'll find your rhythm, even if it takes another dozen months or so!
Much love,
Amanda
I love it!! She is beautiful. That last photo looks just like Jamie.
Post a Comment