We will now start having doctor's appointments every week. It is still kind of exciting to have an appointment, but they have definitely fallen into a predictable routine. The standard procedure starts when Jamie and I arrive at the office and I promptly hit the restroom to pee in a cup. Then we wait until we are called in where someone takes my weight, blood pressure, and asks me about movement. After that our doctor comes in, looks over the chart, asks us how we are doing, asks if we have any questions (I usually bring a notebook full of questions, but they have diminished considerably in number as we get farther along), measures my fundal height, listens to the heartbeat, and that's about it! I am actually grateful that our visits are so straightforward and short, because in general that means things are going well.
Jamie and I are trying to wrap up the last few things that must get done before baby girl arrives. We have installed the carseat (check). We have acquired the bare essentials for her thermoregulating (i.e. clothes), sleeping, eating, and pooping (check). We have mostly finished the baby room (check). There are still some things to do (like finish packing the hospital bag), but we are getting really close.
Since the baby room is mostly done, I thought it might be fun to post some pics. I don't know how much time she will actually spend in here in the beginning, but eventually it will get used!
Jamie and I are trying to wrap up the last few things that must get done before baby girl arrives. We have installed the carseat (check). We have acquired the bare essentials for her thermoregulating (i.e. clothes), sleeping, eating, and pooping (check). We have mostly finished the baby room (check). There are still some things to do (like finish packing the hospital bag), but we are getting really close.
Since the baby room is mostly done, I thought it might be fun to post some pics. I don't know how much time she will actually spend in here in the beginning, but eventually it will get used!
For our tour we will start at the Southeast corner of the room
Panning to the South wall (and down to) see the crib and the rug.
The West wall above the end the crib. Jamie and I had a lot of fun painting these decorations.
Swinging the other direction from the sitting chair to the East wall
![]() |
| Zooming in on the changing table with diapers |
![]() |
| Zooming in on wall art made at the baby shower. The Aspen leaves are thumbprints of guests. |
Lastly, the North wall







3 comments:
Woohooo! Congratulations! The room is so pretty. The end is my favorite part as a spectator (least favorite part as a pregnant woman). I am so excited for you! I still have somethings by my front door for you. Yep, I wasn't exaggerating when I said I'm really bad about the getting-things-in-the-mail part of gift giving. I have a christmas card that I wrote to you in 6th grade. Its addressed to CMP and signed AMP. So clever.
The art in her room is very sweet, I know she will love it! The Harry Potter may be a *bit* premature, but hey, that's up to you guys!
Much love,
Amanda
Hee, the Harry Potter is mine, but since we are tight on bookshelf space in the rest of the house I figured it might as well go in with the "kid" lit. There is also "my side of the mountain" in there, and I think "Peter and the starcatchers". (Jamie is constantly asking me why I need to keep so many books. "Because I like them." Is my standard response. To which he will reply, "but you've already read them." "I know, but when I really like them I will read them again and again and again!")
(Also, I'm a little embarrassed to confess that I just figured out how to respond on the blog to comments...I just comment the same as everybody else does! Woops!)
This is just lovely! I can hardly wait to stand in the middle of this nursery and burp our little granddaughter! Notic how I said "burp" and not "change." Are you anxiously waiting for your next-big-step-into-a-new-life? Or are you savoring-life-as-we-now-know-it?
Post a Comment